Six Thinking Hats Certification
"I was called in to facilitate a major innovation session for one of our business units with over 50 participants from all facets of our business. To run this meeting, I used the Six Thinking Hats process, which most of the participants had not been exposed to previously. The result was that we had tremendous alignment and input from everyone. Furthermore, we got through more information and brainstorming in one 5-hour session than we would have normally accomplished in a year of meetings."
- Jim Bishop, Elanco Animal Health (a division of Eli Lilly)
Six Thinking Hats Brochure
In order to teach Six Thinking Hats, you are required to be certified.
Certifying your internal corporate trainer is the most cost-effective way to ensure Six Thinking Hats is implemented throughout your organization.
Six Thinking Hats Certifications
Aug. 20-23, Sept. 24-27
Oct. 16-18, Dec. 10-13
Certification training is led by highly qualified Master Trainers who have demonstrated a very high level of competence in developing others in the de Bono methods across various industries/ companies/ professions. They have developed the capability to train instructors to teach the tools to others.
Six Thinking Hats Certification Process
1) Certification Application: Six Thinking Hats Certification candidates must first apply for certification, provide professional references, and obtain approval from Resources Unlimited. Candidates are asked to provide:
- Educational background
- Training experience
- Proof of professional achievement
Upon acceptance of your application we will send you an agreement to be signed and returned prior to the Six Thinking Hats Certification.
2) Prework: de Bono Online
Complete the 60-90-minute tutorial, Six Thinking Hats Online via the Internet.
3) Day 1: Experience the course as a participant.
This model allows those certifying to experience an actual one-day training course and to observe the training as delivered by a Master Trainer.
4) Days 2 - 4: Trainer Certification
- The Six Thinking Hats are each covered in much greater detail.
- Participants complete evening assignments each night, including reading, preparing presentations, and preparing meeting facilitations.
- A number of assigned practice sessions and facilitations are conducted during the certification.
- Participants receive immediate constructive feedback from the Master Trainer, and are asked to provide feedback to others.
5) Recertification: Certified Trainers Must Recertify Every 2 Years
Six Thinking Hats Certification Pricing Options
Fee includes the training delivered by a de Bono Master Trainer, instructor manuals, and other materials required for Six Thinking Hats Certification.
Six Thinking Hats Certification Option 1
- Manuals: You are required to purchase manuals after completing your Six Thinking Hats Certification. Please call 800.278.1292 for manual pricing.
- Registration Fee: $5,250 due upon registration
Six Thinking Hats Certification Option 2
- Manuals: If you purchase 125 Six Thinking Hats Manuals, the price of your registration is reduced by one half.
- Registration Fee: $2,625 due upon registration
Six Thinking Hats Certification Option 3
- Manuals: If candidates purchase 225 participant manuals, the fee for registration is waived.
- Registration Fee: $0
How to Book Your Six Thinking Hats Certification
""As a follow-up to the courses I recently attended, Six Thinking Hats and Lateral Thinking, I wanted to let you know that I am doing some things differently in my job and personal life as a result of these courses. I am confident that, in the long term, improved results will be a natural consequence."
- Jenifer Marchesi, Manager, Ink Development Gillette
"Because the process is so easy to implement in virtually any situation, I am using Six Thinking Hats daily—in both my professional and my personal life. I like this simple, yet powerful, framework for discussion because it provides such a fluid, yet structured, method for getting the best thinking from all members of the group.
Seminar participants are amazed to find they have been limiting their thinking to the use of only two or three types of thinking—unknowingly. They are pleased to discover how to expand their thinking to get more ideas and better ideas from every discussion. Those organizations that are embracing Total Quality Management are especially receptive to the value of Six Thinking Hats."
- Barbara Stennes, Lifetime Certified Master Trainer
Read Six Thinking Hats by Dr. Edward de Bono
Using case studies and real-life examples of his "Six Thinking Hats", Edward de Bono shows how each of us can become a better thinker through deliberate role-playing. This book is an ideal way to prepare before attending our "Six Thinking Hats" seminar. Find out how the "Six Thinking Hats" can change you and your company.