Executive Deep Dive into Six Thinking Hats
March 12-13, 2013 - Los Angeles, CA
A Creativity Tool Kit for Results Driven Groups
What: Six Thinking Hats is a time-tested tool that boosts creative and innovative thinking performance. It provides a framework to focus and broaden thinking by separating out six different ingredients in thinking: white hat-information, yellow hat-benefits, black hat-risk, green hat-idea generation, red hat-gut instinct, and blue hat-process. Robust creative thinking depends upon a thinker's ability to think clearly, think creatively, think thoroughly, and to tap the unique thinking of each team member.
Date: March 12-13, 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Learn to Improve Collaboration: Each person uses the same tool, at the same time, on the same challenge--focused parallel thinking. Put an end to endless debate, argument, and discussions that are going nowhere. Save everyone time. End up with solutions that are doable and supported.
Results: A Statoil drilling manager presents his problem as a case study. The group solves his problem using the Six Thinking Hats tool kit. The drilling goes on and millions are saved. With hindsight, a genial solution not planned and not foreseeable in advance.
During the Deep Dive Learn and Practice How To:
- Break the idea killer habit that shuts down the creative process.
- Follow a productive process for idea evaluation.
- Work with benefits to determine if an idea is worth exploring further.
- Identify and assess problems at the appropriate places in the creative process.
- Consider a broader range of possible solutions, and select the ones that best meet the business need.
- Include "gut instinct" reactions.
- Break the tendency to get stuck in the data and facts-information overload which constrains creative effort.
- Set up clear focus statements to put each person on the same page and avoid confusion.
Presenter: Master Trainer, Lynda Curtin
Date: March 12-13, 2013
Location: Embassy Suites Hotel, 800 North Central Avenue, Glendale, CA 91203
Format: Live in-person, experiential, application based. Come prepared to work on your challenges. Receive expert coaching.
Registration Includes: The official de Bono Thinking Systems guidebook including handy job aids to support your use for years to come, Six Thinking Hats - the international bestseller that has changed the way the world's most successful business leaders think, continental breakfast, refreshment breaks, and lunch.
Last day to register is February 28, 2013
"Six Hats is a simple, yet powerful tool that can be learned rapidly and used immediately to achieve long-lasting results. Six Hats has helped our product development group to generate ideas quickly, evaluate them efficiently, and implement action plans effectively." — Laura Donahue, Nestle